HOW TO ENTER 2023 Contest
To enter the contest, students should adhere closely to the following guidelines:
- All contestants must be Dartmouth students in their first, second, third, or fourth year. The 2023 contest is open to '26, '25, '24, and '23 students.
- The first round will be based on a written manuscript or detailed outline of a speech designed to persuade the listeners on any topic.
- The manuscript or outline must be accompanied by a works cited/reference page, following MLA or APA format.
- All sources must also be orally cited in the speech.
- When delivered, the speech should be no more than 5 minutes.
- Speeches must be original works by the student.
- Visual aids are not allowed.
- All rounds of the contest will be held in person and on campus. Remote participation is not possible. If conditions do not allow for an in-person contest, we will regretfully cancel the contest for 2023.